Prairie View Municipality recognizes the significance of secondary education for individuals. The municipality will provide four scholarships in the amount of $500.00 each to eligible applicants.
Scholarships will be awarded to at least two deserving students graduating from the Birtle Collegiate provided that the individuals meet all requirements as established in the policy. The recipients of the remaining two scholarships will be awarded to students who meet all the eligible requirements.
To be eligible the applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a resident of the Municipality for the last two years, or a non-resident of the Municipality who has attended Grades 9-12 in Birtle Collegiate.
2. Be graduating with a Grade 12 diploma.
3. Be enrolled in a post secondary program in a university or college.
4. Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
5. Provide proof of registration in an eligible program.
6. Provide a statement of tuition costs for the particular course he or she may be enrolled in.
7. Provide a statement of current academic standing.
8. Provide a personal resume including any employment, volunteer activities, participation in local clubs or organizations and your career direction.
9. Provide a copy of the tuition receipt to the municipal office before December 31st following graduation from high school for payment of the scholarship.
10. Submit application with documentation no later than June 1st of each year. (See Appendix)
Criteria that will be considered for the scholarships include current academic standing, career direction, participation in local clubs and organizations and volunteer involvement.
1. A Selection Committee of three Council members will be appointed on an annual basis.
2. The members of the Selection Committee must not have a family relative applying for the scholarship.
- Register for Connect
- iPhone and Android Apps
- Local Notices
- Community Events
- Housing & Real Estate
- Municipal Lots & Incentives
- Municipal Grants Policy
- Valley Recreation
- Municipal Scholarships
- Day Care
- Community Organizations
- Health Care
- Library & Local Media
- The Outlook
- Age Friendly Manitoba