Birtle and District CDC
The Birtle and District Community Development Corporation (BDCDC) was established in August 1996 by its two shareholders, the Town and RM of Birtle.
The Board of Directors of the BDCDC is made up of 5 to 9 volunteer directors including two appointed by the shareholder (Prairie View Municipality) and the rest being residents, business owners in the Town or RM of Birtle, or others who have a significant interest in the community. A staff of two part time economic development officers manage the operations of the corporation at their office at 684 Main Street.
Currently, the BDCDC has completed the subdivision of eight new lots on Birtle's south facing slope. These lots are now available for residential building. This land offers something for everyone – natural green space, privacy, a natural landscape and impressive views. Just choose the lot that best fits your needs.
For more information on these new lots, click on the land photo on the right.
BDCDC Vision: Birtle, Foxwarren and surrounding area builds on our strengths and resources to offer a healthy vibrant community for sustainable businesses and services. People are drawn to the naturally scenic region to live, shop, do business and explore.
BDCDC Mission: Birtle and District is a great place to live, raise a family and retire. Through collaboration, the CDC initiates and supports activities that promote and encourage economic activity, a rich quality of life and a sense of pride for our residents.
Guiding Principles: To achieve our vision and fulfill our mission, our decisions are guided by principles that reflect the values of the organization. They are:
- to consider the greater good of the community;
- to act as professionals with integrity and honesty;
- to attract people who will invest in our community; and
- to be financially responsible by carefully considering risks and benefits.
- To support and inspire a rich quality of life and a sense of pride for residents
- To promote and increase economic activity in Birtle and District.
- To increase the population of Birtle and District
- To administer a strong and effective economic development agency
Tyler Fulton- Chairperson
Christine Darker- Vice Chairperson
Roger Wilson- PVM Council Rep
Economic Development Officers: Eleanor Dnistransky & Jenny Kuemper